Manager Service Center – Weatherford, TX
Posted on 13-December-12
General Summary and Basic Functions
The Service Center Manager, under the leadership of the National Service Center Manager, will support and lead the service center business efforts at the Weatherford, Texas location. This role will actively pursue the strategic goals and objectives set out by his/her manager as well as those of the Corporate management team. These initiatives will develop and expand the sales and support of all CPI products and services, both from an operational and a sales perspective. To enhance customer service by increasing our ability to provide quality, low-cost options and to service customers. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operational activities. The Service Center Manager will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communication within CPI and their respective territories and/or regional areas of responsibilities.
Job Specifications and Work Performed
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY:
1. Support the sale of all products and services to new customers and expand the services provided to existing customers.
2. Coordinate and assist with the analysis of territories/regional areas to identify specific customer base/markets to enhance market share in the domestic market.
3. Manage daily operations of the service center:
Promote, support and oversee all Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives specific to CPI as well as EnPro Industries.
Interact with general contractors, maintenance professionals, electricians, etc. to maintain or repair equipment and facilities as needed.
Ensure that the equipment and facilities comply with any and all applicable legal and environmental regulations.
Train, coach, mentor and develop all Machine Operators, Shop technicians, and other shop personnel.
Create and maintain monthly reporting with respect to financial, operational, Supply Chain/Purchasing, and process improvement efforts on a regular basis.
Ensure that all invoicing and inventory transactions are prepared in a timely and accurate manner on a consistent basis.
Coordinate with management and sales team on pricing efforts for service sales, and coordinate with Engineering to ensure that machining is done up to engineering standards from both the customer as well as CPI’s internal requirements on quality.
4. Assist in the preparation and defining the annual budget for the Service Center in coordination with CPI management. Review monthly Profit and Loss Statements and Expense Analysis and clearly communicate financial goals, objectives, and targets to all Service Representatives/personnel.
5. Provide direction and leadership to subordinates to include establishing performance standards and objectives, continuously providing feedback and reviewing performance, and communicating Company goals and departmental goals and their individual role in achieving these goals.
• Ability to promote, coordinate, and support change.
• Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
• Time management, planning, and analytical skills.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Understand CPI’s financial, legal, and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively – orally and in writing both internally and externally.
• Proficient personal computer skills including spreadsheets and data base maintenance.
• Financial analysis skills to develop and manage financial and productivity measures.
Broad knowledge of the Company and the Compression manufacturing industry to include experience in sales, operations, finance, and management. Familiarity with Manufacturing ERP operating system.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Compressor Products International and EnPro Industries policies and procedure as well as applicable federal or state laws.
• Valid driver’s license for Company travel, prospecting new locations, or customer visits.
• Legal ability to work in the US
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 5 - 10 years of progressive experience as a Journeyman Machinist or Millwright, Compression Manufacturing sales, manufacturing, and engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
USA: Weatherford, Texas
How to Apply
Please E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.