XDC® - Extreme Duty Check Valve
The XDC® from CPI is a modern redesign of the traditional check valve. Instead of the old fashioned 'ball' design, the XDC® uses a self guiding, double poppet with Viton O-Rings. That along with the stainless steel design makes the XDC® the most reliable check valve available today. Additionally, the integral tube connector reduces potential leak paths and makes installation a snap.
- Lightweight reduces failure caused by vibration
- Self guiding poppets ensure positive sealing
- 8,000 PSI - 400 F
- Integral tube connector eliminates leak path
CVP® Check Valve Protector
The CPI CVP® check valve protector installed with the CPI XDC® extreme duty check valve is designed to eliminate check valve failure caused by heat & gas stream contamination.
Size matters. Unlike traditional check valve protectors, this assembly allows minimum oil capacity, reducing the amount of time at startup before oil actually gets to the injection point. The minimal design also eliminates fatigue failures from vibration typical of the older and larger check valve protector designs.
- Provides oil barrier to protect the check valve sealing surfaces from hot gas and trash in the gas stream
- Minimum fill capacity allows immediate delivery of oil to cylinders and packing
- Pressure gauge port enables the operator to visually see when the rod packing is failing
Omni Trap Failures??
A common cause of Omni Trap failure is the weight of the product and vibration of the compressor. The total weight of the "CVP-XDC" combination check valve and oil head fitting is 4oz. The lightness of this product reduces the possibility of failure caused by vibration. Fill capacity of .010 will require less than two (2) cycles of a number 6 (.006) piston to begin lubricating at the injection point. With an operating pressure of 10,000 PSI and 400 degrees F, this combination addresses the need for check valve reliability, protection of compressor components and operator safety.